The Vienna office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is looking for a Communication coordinator!
Deadline for the application: 06.06.2022
The Vienna office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is looking for a
Communication coordinator for the regional offices
"Cooperation and Peace" and “Democracy of the Future”
starting as soon as possible.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is an independent and non-profit organization committed to the ideas and values of social democracy and the labour movement.
The aim of the FES regional office "Cooperation and Peace" is to come to terms with the challenges of peace and security in Europe today. These issues should be discussed with the countries of Eastern Europe – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and especially Ukraine – in lieu of the current aggressive policies of Russia. The institutional framework consisting of the OSCE, but also EU and NATO, is an important point of reference for our work.
The FES regional office “Democracy of the Future” is currently focused on two topical pillars: Democracy & Society and Democracy & Economy. It focuses on the question of how democracy can be renewed, strengthened and protected in the entire geographical area of the OSCE. The office analyzes trends, develops new concepts and discusses ideas together with other research institutions, think tanks, policymakers and civil society.
- Development and implementation of a communication strategy for the two regional offices
- Writing and editing content for specific audiences and channels (websites, social media, mail, publications, press)
- Supporting the planning and implementation of editorial activities such as the newsletter, publications and online communication
- Developing the social media presence of FES Vienna including visuals, video and audio snippets
- Maintaining social media channels and monitoring their performance
- Editing the social media content and managing the process of content production in the team
- Bearing responsibility for the production of brochures and information material
- Advising the FES offices in the region on the development and implementation of specific communication strategies
- Editorial support for events (planning and implementation of accompanying communication)
- Writing press releases, responding to media enquiries and organizing press briefings
- Maintaining and expanding media and other thematic contacts
- University degree or certified further education in PR / communication / journalism, focus on issue-related journalism (security policy or democracy research) is desirable
- At least two years working experience in public relations either in an NGO, a company, or the public sector, or journalistic work experience
- Sound knowledge of European and international political developments
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills in English and German
- Strong communication skills, in particular, the ability to present complex topics in a target group-oriented and dialogue-based manner
- Excellent knowledge of designing digital information (homepage, social media)
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, CMS and basic graphic design skills required; experience with video and audio editing programmes an advantage)
- Substantive experience in managing Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter accounts
- Ability to work in a team and independently, take initiative, prioritize competing tasks and meet short deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of the Berlin, Vienna and further European media landscape is an advantage
- A full-time position
- Permanent employment
- Attractive payment according to Austrian law: EUR 3,200 gross for 38.5 hrs/week (minimum salary, a higher remuneration possible in case of overqualification of requirements), plus a lump sum of EUR 300 for overtime, 14 monthly salaries
- An international political working environment
- Appropriate professional development opportunities
- A friendly, appreciative working environment with open-minded colleagues
Information about the work of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Vienna is available on our website: vienna.fes.de.
Please send your complete application documents by e-mail until 06.06.2022 to Julia Zöllner at info.vienna(at)fes.de
The application documents include: a letter of motivation (max. 1 page), a CV (max. 2 pages, no photo), at least two letters of reference/ professional references.
For further information regarding the application please contact us: +43 (0) 1 890 3811 205.